Purflo Sleep Tight Baby Bed
The Sleep Tight Baby Bed is a safe place for baby to rest and sleep, day and night. Purflo has used 20 years of experience in breathable technology to create a total game changer - the very first baby bed of its kind to be safe for independent, overnight sleep.
The bed features a fully breathable mesh base and sides which allow air to safely circulate, so the baby can breathe easily and stay at a safe temperature all night. The raised sides have just a little bit of squidge - they are firm enough to prevent a little face pushing into them, but cosy enough to give baby sensory feedback and a feeling of being held, helping them to sleep for longer. The super-safe sides are made using a sustainably sourced fibre, Dupont Sorona, which is made from 37% plant-based ingredients and is Oeko-Tex 100 Class 1 Certified. Purflo found a glue that is non-toxic, safe for babies and the environment and that withstands daily use, is totally safe and awesome for the environment. If you take off the covers of your Sleep Tight Baby Bed you might see a little of this glue in the inner construction - as it doesn't contain bleach and harmful chemicals, it is a natural sand colour.
With safer sleep guidelines in mind, the Sleep Tight Baby Bed has been designed with a firm, flat mattress suitable from birth. It’s also fully washable, portable, and comes with a handy travel bag so that you can support your baby’s sleep routine wherever you go!
Is the Sleep Tight Bed safe for overnight sleep?
The Sleep Tight Baby Bed was designed as a safe place for babies to sleep overnight and during naps and has undergone extensive product safety testing with this in mind. As with any new Purflo baby product, advice was sought from two independent UKAS accredited test houses to determine the most appropriate testing. As with all new-to-market innovations, there is no one safety standard which fits the Sleep Tight Bed, so it has been tested to relevant aspects of existing safety standards for similar sleep products.
Purflo's technical experts worked with independent UK-based laboratories to put the Sleep Tight Bed through a comprehensive risk assessment for everyday use and overnight sleep and exhaustive safety testing.
- BS4578:1970 - Airflow safety test: Pass due to the clever foam inside the side walls
- BS5852 - Flammability and chemical test: Pass due to the materials used which have naturally low flammability and are safe for sensitive baby skin.
- BSEN 1466 - Tested to relevant parts of the carrycot standard that enable its safe use overnight including:
Rigidity of side walls: Pass due to structured side walls preventing suffocation hazards and overheating
Retention of side walls/roll test: Pass as conclusive that infant will remain safely inside the product and could not roll out.
Note: There are aspects of the carrycot standard, such as handles, which are not relevant to this product, so have not been tested.
The product has undergone a comprehensive risk assessment and extensive, exhaustive safety testing relevant to marketing it as suitable for overnight use. There are no other existing safety tests relevant to a product of this type that Purflo can put it through.
- Safe for unsupervised, overnight sleeping
- Designed for use from birth to approximately 8 months old
- Firm, flat, breathable sleeping surface with soft, solid sides
- Sides made from Sorona fibre, designed and patented by Dupont, which retains its natural shape and structure so doesn’t flatten with age
- Provides a safe and familiar environment for comfort and sleep when travelling to grandparents' houses, hotel rooms and other places
- Every part of the bed can be fully washed including easily removable, wipe-down base