Joie Calmi & i-Base Encore - Eclipse
A carrycot and infant car seat in one, the Joie Calmi allows your little one to travel on your compatible pushchair and in the car in the optimum lie-flat position. Lying flat on their back is best for babies from birth to around 6 months old as their spine and other organs develop and their neck muscles and control strengthen. With the Calmi, they can maintain that position on car journeys while still being protected by the latest R129 car seat safety features. This car cot is installed sideways on the vehicle seat using a choice of two compatible Joie ISOFIX bases and with your baby's head in the safest place - farthest from the back passenger doors.
This plush and cushioned 180° lie-flat cot creates a cosy haven and provides better oxygen flow for safer snoozing on the go. With the reassurance of knowing your newborn is already in the best position, they can nap for longer in the car than would be recommended in a standard infant carrier, and transition seamlessly to your pushchair without being disturbed.
Weighing no more than a regular carrycot at 3.6kg, despite its additional protection, the Calmi makes transfers and loading up effortless. It can be paired with a matching Joie Signature Aeria or Finiti pushchair for a fuly coordinating travel system, or with the Joie Versatrax or compatible pushchairs from other brands using Maxi-Cosi style multi car seat adaptors.
Choose to install your car cot with a Joie i-Base LX 2 or upgrade to the i-Base Encore, which you will be able to use as a rotating base up to around 4 years old with the additional purchase of the i-Harbour i-Size toddler seat once your little one is ready to move on from the Calmi.
- R129 certified
- Suitable lateral facing from 40-70 cm, up to 9kg (approximately 6 months)
- Installed with Joie i-Base LX 2 or i-Base Encore ISOFIX bases (sold separately)
- 180-degree lie-flat car cot doubles as a car seat and carrycot
- Travel system compatible with Joie Versatrax, Finiti and Aeria, and select models from other brands
- Full coverage, UPF50+ canopy is water repellent and includes a mesh peekaboo window
- Lightweight design at just 3.6kg for easy transfers from car to pushchair to home
- Easily accessible release buttons on the side of cot
- Infant body and head support securely cradle the littlest babies
- 3-point harness with soft, padded covers
- One pull motion easily tightens the 3-point harness
- Storage pockets on the inside and outside of the cot
- 3-position adjustable handlebar
- Removable top cover
- Plush cushioning and knit fabrics
- Washable covers
- Built-in ventilation
Joie i-Base Encore
Adding a one-handed spin feature to compatible baby and toddler car seats, the i-Base Encore not only makes getting your little one in and out of the car far easier but also boasts the highest R129 safety standards and i-Size certification, along with super-simple installation, for your peace of mind.
Part of the Encore Spinning System, this base pairs with six different Joie car seats (three in the luxury Signature range) to offer you complete customisation as your child grows from birth to age 4. The rotating plate in the base give a 90-degree spin option for infant carriers, turning them towards you at the car door, and a full 360-degree spin to the i-Harbour 0-4 years seat.
The straightforward ISOFIX-only installation eliminates the hassle of reinstalling as your child grows - one click and done! The ISOFIX connectors fasten instantly and leave no room for error, and clever colour-coded guides ensure your base and car seat have been connected properly.
- i-Size certified
- Part of the Encore Spinning System by pairing with the Calmi car cot bed, i-Level Recline, i-Harbour, i-Juva, i-Gemm 3, and i-Snug 2
- One-hand swivel base spins compatible baby car seats 90 degrees, and compatible toddler seat 360 degrees for easier loading and unloading
- Easy one-time ISOFIX installation comes with 10 positions to perfectly fit into almost any vehicle with ISOFIX anchor points
- Clear installation indicator located on top of the load leg ensures you’re properly connected
- Low rebound bar allows for maximum legroom for growing children
- Easy seat release button allows for quick car seat transfers
- Energy-absorbing load leg reduces force and absorbs impact in a crash